We work with young people aged 11-25 to help them re-engage with education, FIND employment OR move away from anti-social behaviour, gang involvement and exploitative relationships.
Engage – Empower – Transform
We believe in the power of community so we build communities of change around young peoples’ interests and needs. We believe a healthy community draws people to itself, changes individuals and empowers them to impact their environment. Within these communities, positive relationships develop and barriers fall.
We build a community of young people with the aim of engaging and empowering them in order to ignite change. We want to create a community in which young people have the confidence and self-belief to make positive changes and transform their lives.
Our youth workers are committed to journeying with young people, many of whom are at-risk, marginalised or face barriers to achieving success in life.
The three stages of the journey may take years but we are about long-term commitment:
- Engagement: making meaningful contact with young people through activity and education-based programmes;
- Empowerment: challenging values and behaviour and equipping young people with the tools, resources and opportunities to make positive choices in their current situations;
- Transformation: supporting young people to change the direction of their lives away from negative influences and raising aspirations, set goals for the future and support them into long-term transformation.
- We listen to young people so that they inform how we work;
- We offer projects that young people are enthusiastic about getting involved with
- We constantly evaluate our work based on the outcomes for our young people
- We work holistically in 1:1 mentoring to set goals and overcome obstacles so that our young people have lifelong skills relevant to them
- We develop small group sessions that are flexible to the needs of our young people
- We welcome young people from the diverse communities within Harrow
- We work collaboratively with other organisations to ensure that we build the best possible pathways for our young people
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom"
Viktor E. Frankl
This space is where we work!