COMMUNICATIONS AND FUNDRAISING INTERN
We are looking for a new graduate who is interested in working in the voluntary sector.
Closing Date: 6 pm on 14th November. Please send CV that gives evidence of skills and experience as per the job description and person spec.
Interviews: Afternoon of Thursday 16th November
SALARY: £9.75 per hour (£18,280 pa)
HOURS: 37.5 per week
DURATION: 50 weeks for 12 January 2018
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop effective communication strategies that align with Ignite’s organisational strategic objectives, meet the needs of our existing financial / non-financial supporters and inspire new audiences using the whole spectrum of communications
- Manage and significantly grow Ignite’s presence through current, new and emerging social media platforms
- Lead on celebrity engagement
- Plan and deliver two community and profile raising events
- Develop, maintain and update content on Ignite’s website
- Analyse all aspects of communications to strengthen the Ignite brand
- Work with the fundraiser to increase financial support from individual donors and corporates
- Create and circulate an online newsletter to this growing number of followers
- Develop an Ignite case study database to inform fundraising initiatives
- Manage information and record fundraising activity on the data base
- Oversee the production of fundraising materials, including paper and online (eg Crowdfunder)
- Develop relationships with fundraising individuals
- Be an ambassador for Ignite to stakeholders and the public, representing the organisation to enquirers and delivering the purpose of the organisation to those whom the organisation serves.
- To participate in weekly team meetings and regular supervision sessions.
- To undertake training as required.
- To undertake such other duties as the management may from time to time require.
A recognised Communications or Fundraising qualification
Experience and Skills:
- Background in creating digital and print copy / materials
- Understanding of how to use social media to promote an organisation
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other graphics/presentation package
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the role
- Excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of how to create email newsletters
- Understanding of marketing and PR
- Hold a current driving licence.
- Access to a private vehicle for work use.
- Basic understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A creative, confident and articulate individual able to communicate effectively and inspire others
- Able to work effectively independently as well as part of a small team
- Transparent and honest
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
- Able to work to deadlines and manage competing priorities
- A self starter.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, Therefore candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening including DBS and past employer references.