We work with young people aged 13-25 to help them re-engage with education, FIND employment OR move on from anti-social behaviour, gang involvement and exploitative relationships.
Engage – Empower – Transform
We believe in the power of community so we build communities of change around young peoples’ interests and needs. We believe a healthy community draws people to itself, changes individuals and empowers them to impact their environment. Within these communities, positive relationships develop and barriers fall.
Building a community with young people to ignite change.
Our youth workers are committed to journeying with young people, many of whom are at-risk, marginalised or face barriers to success in life.
The three stages of the journey may take years but we are about long-term commitment:
- Engagement: making meaningful contact with young people through activity and education-based programmes;
- Empowerment: challenging values and behaviour and equipping young people with the tools, resources and opportunities to make positive choices in their current situations;
- Transformation: supporting young people to change the direction of their lives away from negative influences and raising aspirations, set goals for the future and support them into long-term transformation.
- Listening to young people so that they inform our work;
- Offering projects that young people want to get involved in;
- Evaluating our work constantly, based on outcomes for the young people;
- Working holistically in 1:1 mentoring to set goals and overcome obstacles so that they have lifelong skills that work for them;
- Developing flexible small groups that respond to current issues for young people;
- Including young people from the diverse communities within Harrow;
- Working collaboratively with other organisations to make sure we have the best possible pathways for young people to take.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom"
Viktor E. Frankl
This space is where we work!