1. We believe in the potential of Ignite communities to inspire personal growth and lifelong change.
2. We believe that an Ignite community is part of a chain - linking young people to their wider society and spreading positive change.
3. We believe in Ignite communities as alternative gangs - where young people get together in a spirit of welcome, respect, fun, support and care.
4. We believe in approaching our work with quality, commitment, integrity and a passion that is motivated by the Christian faith.
5. We believe in the importance of spirituality as a powerful resource in people’s lives.
6. We believe that prioritising the needs of young people through a holistic, consistent and flexible approach will inspire personal growth and lifelong change. We believe that a holistic approach involves partnership with other organisations.
We listen to young people so that they inform how we work;
We offer projects that young people are enthusiastic about getting involved with
We constantly evaluate our work based on the outcomes for our young people
We work holistically in 1:1 mentoring to set goals and overcome obstacles so that our young people have lifelong skills relevant to them
We develop small group sessions that are flexible to the needs of our young people
We welcome young people from the diverse communities within Harrow
We work collaboratively with other organisations to ensure that we build the best possible pathways for our young people
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom"
Viktor E. Frankl
This space is where we work!