Since 2001 we have been delivering bespoke programmes for schools to ensure that all young people make the most of the opportunities school provides.
"Great interaction between youth workers and students; it was informative and fun."
(Rooks Heath College)
Our youth workers have led small groups, delivered lessons and one to one mentoring around these topics:
- Emotional Resilience
- Drugs Awareness
- Cannabis and Mental Health
- Pornography and the Teenage Brain
- Gang culture and the alternatives
- Peer-on-Peer Sexual Exploitation
- Relaxation to Prepare for Exams
- Healthy friendships and relationships
- Sexual consent & sexual violence
WhyTry is a flexible emotional resilience course for at-risk and vulnerable young people.
It uses a series of ten visual metaphors to teach social, emotional, and leadership principles in primary and secondary settings. Developed in the US it has proven to lower dropout, reduce failure, decrease exclusions, improve sixth-form/college retention, and improve positive behaviours in young people of all learning types.
Support for Staff
We also have therapists who are experienced in delivering training for INSET or running twilight sessions:
- Working Creatively with Children
- Engaging young people with learning differences
- Harnessing the emotions to help children listen and learn
- Using therapeutic stories in the classroom
- Staying sane in a hectic school environment
- Stress reduction techniques for busy staff
- The use and abuse of social media
- Resolving traumatic memories
- Peer-on-Peer sexual exploitation
To learn more about any of the courses, or what Ignite can offer your school, please get in touch and share your situation with us.